Live Your Dream: Education and Training Awards for Women
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards (formerly the Women’s Opportunity Awards) assist women who provide the primary source of financial support for their familie by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects. Each year, more than $1.7 million in education grants are awarded to more than 1,200 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse. Live Your Dream Awards recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
Eligible applicants must be women who provide the primary financial support for their families, and who are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program. Applicants must demonstrate financial need. Only residents of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries and territories are eligible to apply.
Since the Live Your Dream Awards program began in 1972, about $30 million in education grants have been disbursed to assist tens of thousands of women achieve their dreams of a better life for themselves and their families.
Apply for the Live Your Dream Award
The Live Your Dream Awards offers three levels of cash awards. Eligible applicants can submit their application between August 1 – November 15. Ultimately, a Live Your Dream Awards finalist has the potential to receive up to $16,000 to help offset tuition costs, purchase books, get transportation, or find reliable childcare so she can worry less about how to pay her bills and focus on reaching her dreams.
Before going any further, make sure you are eligible. You are eligible to apply if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.